ECE351 - Digital Signal Processing
InstructorA V Subramanyam
Teaching AssistantsNeha Jain
The course content includes the fundamentals of discrete-time signal and systems; sampling and quantization theory; transform domain techniques - DTFT, z-Transform, and DFT, and their relationships; fast computation algorithms via FFT; IIR and FIR filter design techniques; filter implementation structures and multirate digital signal processing.
1. Analyze discrete time systems in time domain, z- domain and frequency domain.
2. Analyze and implement digital systems using DFT and FFT
3. Apply design techniques for digital filters according to specifications.
4. Realize digital filters using different structures.
5. Use MATLAB for analysis and design of DSP systems.
Assign – 10%
Quiz – 30%
Mid-Sem – 25%
End-Sem – 25%
Project – 10% (group of 2) – a mid and final review, demo + report should be submitted.
Signals and Systems
TA Neha Jain
Office hours: Monday and Wednesday, 3:00-3:30 P.M, venue: A611, R&D
Textbook: John G. Proakis and Dimitris G. Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms, and Applications, 3rd edition
Reference book: Oppenheim and Schafer, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 3rd edition, 2013