ECE111 - Digital Circuits
After successfully completing the course, a student will have the capability to:
- Translate a decision-making process into digital logic, Understand Number System and circuits realizing Arithmetic operations, Design simple digital circuits based on combinational logic.
- Distinguish between combinational and sequential logic, Design Asynchrnous and Synchronous counters and Shift Registers.
- Understand the concept of STD and STT and design Sequential Crcuits and State Machines
- Understand the Pipelining concepts
- Have a rudimentary knowledge of Semiconductor Memories
- Digital Processing of Information (2): Analog and Digital representations of information; Data vs signal; Information processing steps – logic and arithmetic.
- Digital Logic (4) – Binary variables; Basic logic operations – AND, OR, NOT; Basic gates; Essentials of Boolean algebra; De Morgan’s laws; Truth Table; Boolean functions; Transforming a logical problem statement into a Boolean expression.
- Number Systems and Arithmetic (4): Positional number systems – Binary, Decimal, Octal, Hexadecimal; Signed number representations; Arithmetic operations.
- Combinational Circuit Design (10) – Realisation of Boolean functions using gates; Karnaugh map; Minimisation of Boolean functions; Multiplexer-based realisation of K-maps; Combinational circuit design using multiplexers and gates.
- Sequential Circuit Design (9) – Latches and Flip-flops; Ripple counters; Sequence generator using flip-flops; State Table and State Diagram; Synchronous counters; Shift Registers; Ring and MLS counters.
- Pipelinig: Pipelining with Edge Triggered Flip Flop, Pulse Triggered Flip Flop and Latches. Introduce the concepts of Skew and Jitter (4 hrs)
- Introduction to Semiconductor Memories (4 hrs)
- End-sem: 40
- Quiz: 15
- Assignment: 10
- Lab: 15
ECE113 Basic Electronics
Sumit Darak: Monday/Thursday: 11.30 am - 12.30 pm
Snigdha Tariyal : Friday : 3:00 - 4:00 pm , B 311
Ankit Rehani: Wednesday 10-11 a.m., reading room
Suprateek Shukla: Wednesday 10-11 a.m., reading room
Aayush tyagi:Tuesday 11.30-12.30,reading room
Rizwana Ahmad: Tuesday : 2:00-3:00, B408
Akhil James : Wednesday 10:30-11:30,Reading room
Rohan Juneja : Thursday 2:30-3:30, Boys Common Room
Mranal Kulshreshtha : Tuesday 11.30 AM-12:30 PM, Library Ground Floor
Payal Garg : Monday 11.30 A.M. - 12.30 P.M., B - 207
Ankush Mamgain : Monday 3-4 pm library building ground floor. Kindly drop me a mail first.
Gourav Garg: Monday 3-4 pm library building ground floor. Kindly drop me a mail first.
Priyanka Mittal: Wednesday 10-11 am, Library ground floor. Kindly drop a mail first
Sadiq Husain : Monday 3:00 -4:00 pm, Reading room, kindly drop a mail first.
Ritika Jain: Wednesday 10.30 - 11.30 am, Reading Room.
Neha Dalal : Monday 3-4 PM, reading hall
Nishtha Wadhwa : Monday 2-3 p.m , lab B-208, 2nd floor.
Sasha Garg: Wednesday 11:30 am-12:30 pm, Shannon Lab. Kindly mail first.
Himani Joshi: Friday 2:30 to 3:30, Phd lab B-207. Please mail me 3-4 hours before coming.
- Digital Design – M. Morris Mano & Michael D. Ciletti, Ed-5, Pearson (Prentice-Hall).
- Fundamentals of Digital Logic with Verilog Design - S. Brown, Z. Vranesic, Ed-3, McGraw-Hill